This teriyaki salmon recipe is fantastic! It is quite easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of time to marinate. With its tempting sweet and savory marinade, this teriyaki salmon will quickly become a go-to dish for dinner. Even the pickiest diners at your table will enjoy it!
With the homemade teriyaki sauce, the Asian salmon comes out flaky, juicy, and incredibly wonderful. The entire family will enjoy this simple salmon meal idea.
Ingredients Needed for Teriyaki Salmon
You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe for teriyaki salmon:
Sesame oil: Sesame oil is the first ingredient in this fish teriyaki marinade.
Lemon juice: Lemon juice brings much-needed brightness and freshness.
Soy sauce: The savory flavor of soy sauce is enormous.
Brown sugar: The marinade has a lovely sweetness from the brown sugar.
Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds give a light taste and crunch in a tablespoon.
Spices: You’ll require powdered mustard, ginger, and garlic.
Salmon: There are four salmon steaks in this dish.
How to Make Teriyaki Salmon
This dish for teriyaki salmon is delicious! Basic ingredients don’t require extensive marinating. A recipe for flaky, juicy, and delectable salmon with teriyaki glaze.
Whether we grill the salmon outside or broil it inside, this dish is always a favorite. To complete your dinner, serve it with some homemade teriyaki fried rice.
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
Prep Time: 25 min. Cook Time: 15 min. Total Time: 40 min. Servings: 8
- 2 1/2 lbs salmon filet sliced into 2″ wide slices
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger, or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Large rimmed baking sheet, greased Set the oven to 400°F.
2. Brown sugar will dissolve after the sauce ingredients are combined and stirred.
3. Slices of salmon should be put one by one in a mixing dish. The salmon should be covered with the sauce and let to marinate for 20 minutes.
4. Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet. Salmon can be baked at 400 for 12–16 minutes, depending on thickness, to make it flaky and well cooked.
5. The remaining marinade should be transferred to a small sauce pan, brought to a boil, then simmered for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, before being removed from heat while the salmon is baking.
6. After the salmon has finished baking, spray it with teriyaki syrup and top it as you like with sesame seeds and finely chopped green onions.
How to Store Teriyaki Salmon
You may keep leftover teriyaki salmon in the fridge for up to three days by placing it in a small, airtight container. The teriyaki salmon can be frozen for up to three months.
411 calories, 26g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 34g of protein.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is pan-frying or baking fish preferable?
Salmon fillets that have been roasted in the oven produce lovely, delicious fish that doesn’t need constant care. This technique requires you to sear the fish in a pan on the stovetop first, which crisps the skin in a delicious way. We advise it if you’re preparing four or fewer fillets.
2. Is teriyaki a nutritious dish?
Given that it primarily consists of protein from the chicken and a manageable amount of carbs from the sauce ingredients, teriyaki can be a very healthy dish. If the recipe and portioning are followed, one serving of teriyaki chicken contains only 321 calories, 45 grams of protein, 20 grams of fat, and 13 grams of carbs.
3. When pan-frying salmon, do you flip it over?
Put the salmon in the pan with the skin-side up. Sauté for 4 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Using a spatula, flip the fish over and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until the flesh feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp, as desired. With a knife or spoon, the skin is easily served or removed.
4. How much time should salmon be marinated?
Salmon should be marinated for no more than 30 minutes, but you can marinade it for as long as 60. If you marinate the fish for more than an hour, it will begin to break down in the marinade and become mushy.
5. What ingredients are in salmon teriyaki?
To a medium bowl, combine the following ingredients: sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and 1/8 cup water. Half of the marinade should be placed in a ziplock bag, and the other half should be placed in a small saucepan. Salmon filets should marinade for 30 minutes in a ziplock bag.
6. Before frying salmon, what is it soaked in?
Quickly dipping your fried fish in brine will make it look even more delectable. To stop white albumin from flowing out, simply combine 2 teaspoons of salt with 1 cup of water and completely soak your fish for as little as 10-15 minutes before cooking.
7. Before marinating salmon, do you wash it?
Do not rinse raw fish, seafood, pork, or poultry, advises the USDA. These fresh juices contain bacteria that can splash out and contaminate other meals and surfaces. By fully cooking food, dangerous microorganisms are eliminated. You take the skin off.
8. What’s the best method for preparing salmon?
Oven temperature set to 275 °F. A salmon fillet should be put on a baking dish. Olive oil should be applied all over, and salt and pepper should be added. Salmon should be roasted until it easily flakes or a thermometer placed in the thickest area registers 120°F.
9. Can salmon skin be eaten?
Salmon skin can be eaten. In reality, salmon skin has a crunchy, salty bite when cooked properly. Yet, it’s crucial to take a few safety measures before tucking in. Your fish can be contaminated with environmental hazards depending on where it was caught.
10. What taste does teriyaki sauce have?
A. Teriyaki sauce is the excellent marinade for your meat and fish since it tastes savory, sweet, and salty in the correct balance. Teriyaki sauce has been compared to the flavor of soy sauce blended with honey, which is a fair description of how it tastes.
11. What makes teriyaki sauce tasty?
To generate its particularly strong flavor, the traditional Japanese teriyaki sauce includes soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and sake. Westernized versions add honey, garlic, and ginger for extra pungency. Teriyaki sauce frequently contains cornstarch as a thickening.
12. Does salmon get oiled before being cooked?
Salmon should be lightly salted and oiled before cooking. Line a non-metal dish with parchment paper for simple cleanup. 4 to 6 inches away from the hot element, broil. After the salmon is done, broil for 5-7 minutes.
13. How long should salmon be cooked?
Set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Put some salt and pepper on the salmon. On a nonstick baking sheet or in a nonstick pan with an oven-safe handle, place the salmon skin side down. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is thoroughly done.
14. Why is salmon so delicious?
Its precise flavor and texture are determined by a variety of elements, including the species, farming technique, cooking style, and season. Salmon typically has a high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids, which gives it a flavorful, rich, and oily texture.
15. Does salmon need to marinate in the refrigerator?
Choosing a container that will fit will help you keep the salmon chilled as it marinates.
Image credit: Yandex.com
Also Read: Best Teriyaki Sauce