Everyone enjoys eating chicken burritos, but not everyone like the mess that might result if your burrito breaks while you’re eating it and you wind up putting half of your meal on! With a filling of refried beans, cheese, and Mexican red rice that binds everything together, this recipe for chicken rice bean burrito takes care of that issue for you, ensuring that your chicken burritos are intact from the first mouthful to the last.
This recipe for chicken rice bean burrito is great for packing a lunch for the office, a family picnic, or simply a quick snack. You can prepare a large batch and freeze some of them for later since they freeze beautifully. In a medium oven, you may prepare them in 30 minutes from frozen. You ought to prepare your own tortillas if you want real Mexican chicken burritos!
Table of Contents
Making Homemade Chicken Rice Bean Burrito
It is a simple recipe for chicken rice bean burrito. Add bacon, avocado, pico de gallo, or whatever you wish. Add lettuce, sour cream, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheese to each burrito. Wrap, chow down, and smile.
Chicken Rice Bean Burrito Recipe
Prep Time: 30mins Yield: 6 servings
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 – 1 cup cheese
- 6 -8 large flour tortillas
1. Cook the chicken, then chop or shred it. It doesn’t have need to be spiced, but you can if you like.
2. Mix well after adding the rice, beans, salsa, and cheese to the chicken. Mixture into tortillas using a spoon
3. Burrito-style tortilla folding: Place the tortillas seam-side down in a baking dish.
4. Up to serve with additional refried beans or Spanish rice.
Calories 368, Fat 12g, Carbs 43g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 1g, Protein 19g
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a burrito with chicken and rice healthy?
These chicken burritos make a nutritious supper choice. They still taste wonderful and are flavorful yet being healthy. Chicken, rice, and beans make up the majority of this burrito’s ingredients.
2. Are burritos with beans and rice healthy?
For those seeking a quick and filling supper, cheesy bean and rice burritos are a good choice. These burritos are not only delicious but also loaded with protein, vital vitamins, and minerals.
3. Is adding rice to a burrito typical?
Traditional burritos are compact, require tight packing, and are served thinly, despite the fact that rice is frequently included in them and can be tasty. A heated (or toasted) wheat tortilla filled with just enough filling to allow for a tight roll is what constitutes an authentic burrito.
4. Can you lose weight by eating burritos?
Burritos are an excellent choice for anyone attempting to lose weight because they are also low in calories and fat. They can also contain a variety of healthy components including beans, vegetables, and lean proteins, which can enhance the flavor and nutritional value of your meals.
5. Do most burritos have rice?
Two thin flour tortillas stuffed with a variety of toppings make up a true Mexican burrito. A typical burrito is made up of meat, vegetables, and beans, though the fillings can be as imaginative and distinctive as the eater’s imagination. But guacamole and rice are two highly popular additions.
6. Can a burrito made without rice?
A burrito is made by encasing meats, beans, veggies, and sauces like salsa or guacamole in a heated tortilla. Rice is unneeded and only serves as filler.
7. How many calories are there in a rice and bean and chicken burrito?
Each 175 g portion of a burrito with chicken, rice, and beans has 364 calories. This portion has 33 g of carbohydrates, 21 g of protein, and 17 g of fat. The remainder is complex carbohydrate, with the latter containing 2.8 g sugar and 3.5 g dietary fiber.
8. What type of rice is used in burritos?
The finest rice for burrito bowls and pretty much any Mexican dish is cilantro lime rice. It works great with Asian dishes too. Nevertheless, you don’t want to finish the meal by tossing plain rice with cilantro and lime juice.
9. Should rice be used in burritos?
A burrito should not have any rice. A burrito is made by encasing meats, beans, veggies, and sauces like salsa or guacamole in a heated tortilla. Rice is unneeded and only serves as filler.
10. Should I eat my chicken burrito after or before working out?
Before exercising, fats, carbohydrates, and protein are your friends. This breakfast will provide you with all three of those nutrients, as well as amino acids that support muscle building and serve as a slow-release energy source. It is ideal to consume this meal around two hours prior to doing out.
11. How long will burrito last in the freezer?
Up to three months
12. How long does it take the microwave to reheat a frozen burrito?
Depending on your microwave, I would guess that 1-2 minutes would be sufficient. Making it warm enough to eat is actually all that is required as everything is already fully cooked within. When re-heating, be sure to remove the plastic.
Image credit: Yandex.com
Also Read: Chicken and Bean Burrito Recipe